’Tis the season for parties, photos, vacations, time with family, and more! As you prepare for a busy holiday season, don’t forget to schedule your teeth whitening in North Scottsdale, AZ so your smile is bright, beautiful, and camera-ready!
Various forms of whitening, whether via in-office treatment, at-home trays, or over-the-counter products, aren’t permanent. However, there are a few simple post-whitening tips that can help you keep your teeth white after whitening for a longer period of time!
Try a combination whitening approach
For the longest-lasting whitening, your dentist in North Scottsdale recommends a combination of in-office whitening followed by use of trays at home. An in-office whitening session can whiten your teeth by several shades in just one appointment, and customized trays and bleach solution can help you keep your pearly whites white longer.
Tips to keep your teeth white and bright after whitening
There are a few simple preventive steps you can take to help maintain your beautiful white smile:
- Rinse your mouth immediately after eating or drinking.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Don’t smoke or use tobacco.
- Avoid common staining beverages, such as wine, coffee, or tea.
- Use a straw when drinking acidic beverages.
- Enjoy foods proven to be good for your teeth, such as apples, strawberries, celery, and leafy greens.
Maintain your smile’s health to keep your teeth whiter, longer
In addition to the preventive measures you can take to avoid staining, it’s vital to keep your smile healthy to help your teeth whitening last as long as possible. Achieve optimum oral health with simple habits:
- Brush at least twice a day using a whitening toothpaste.
- Bring a toothbrush and toothpaste with you to be able to brush after meals on the go.
- Floss daily to prevent plaque from building up.
Additionally, maintain your 6-month checkups and cleanings with your dentist! Regular, professional cleaning and polishing will help keep your teeth white after whitening. During your appointment, your hygienist will polish away surface stains, which will help you avoid discoloration. Your dentist in Scottsdale, AZ will be able to give you personalized recommendations to help you keep your teeth white so you can maintain your gorgeous, confident smile longer!
The content on this blog is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of qualified health providers with questions you may have regarding medical conditions.
Re-posted with permission. Source.