For many, the holiday season is filled with family, friends, and, of course, tons of delectable eats!
However, consuming certain food and drinks can give your smile a less than desirable shade of Merlot. How can you keep your smile as bright as your holiday spirit?
Here’s a handy list of DOS and DON’TS for this holiday season.
- Chew, Chew, Chew – Look for foods that require a lot of chewing, as these act as natural exfoliants and will help to eliminate stains from your teeth.
- Eat those Greens – Green vegetables, like spinach, actually create a thin film on your teeth that protect them from stains! At your next party, eat up your greens, but do try to avoid spinach caught between your front teeth (not a good look).
- Wash it Down – Don’t simply forego that glass of eggnog or your favorite wine or coffee. You can still enjoy your favorite beverages, but just alternate drinking some water after a few sips to prevent the stain particles from lingering on your pearly whites.
- Put it Off – Your teeth are similar to clothing: if it stains your clothes, it will stain your teeth! After eating, if any of your meals components seem like they might stain, brush your teeth as soon as possible.
- Home-Sweet-Home – Stains tend to make themselves at home in the areas between your teeth, so be sure to give a little extra attention to those in between areas. Eliminate plaque and stain molecules at the same time by flossing every day!
- No Cheating – While gum, mints and mouthwash can give your mouth a fresher feel, brushing and flossing are the only effective ways to remove stains. Don’t go the easy way – do it right!
Smile brightly for the holidays with these informative tips and contact your North Scottsdale Dentist if you wish to schedule a teeth whitening consultation.
Do you have other methods for maintaining the luster on your pearly whites? Please comment below, and share your stories!